November 11, 2016
How Furnishing Your Rental Property to Provide the Local Experience Charms Guests
Living like a local. That’s the vacation experience guests are searching for.
In an increasingly busy, digital, and noisy world, authenticity is key to delivering a valuable vacation experience—and design is where it starts.
Good design isn’t just beauty. It’s function, flow, and feeling. In the case of vacation properties, these concepts need to be tied into the surroundings and lifestyle of the locals. When executed properly, a strong interior design will increase the allure, value, and rentability of your property.
Tips and Tricks When Designing Your Property for a Local Experience:
1. Look in your own backyard! Local artisans, artists, and makers are constantly inspired by the environment that surrounds them, so buy new from them or secondhand from the local thrift shops.
2. Unique, one-of-a-kind items make your property stand out from the rest. If you can tell a story with a piece, then it immediately creates a perception of belonging.
3. Bring in elements that reflect your region. It may be wood, sand, sea, or a particular color palette, but identify and implement those elements which reflect the greater theme of your destination.
4. Keep your audience in mind. The local experience may necessitate particular needs be met, especially with regards to design. For example, guests visiting locations with outdoor allure might expect a vacant wardrobe or storage unit for their gear or valuable items.
5. Art makes a big impact! Fall in love with a piece that portrays your destination, whether it is an image of your favorite neighborhood or part of the iconic landscape. Even better—have a local artist create it.
Not sure you’ve got the ‘magic touch’ to craft such an environment? Thankfully, professional design help is no longer expensive or hard to find locally. You can connect with an interior designer online for free using Kabuni, an online platform of interior designers who can help you find the perfect pieces no matter where you are. With designers helping you curate a local vibe for your vacation rental, you can turn your focus to booking and managing the property. But that’s no easy task, either, which is why Rented.com can help you with it, pairing you with a local property manager to see to all your vacation rental’s needs. Now all that’s left is to profit.
Rented.com and Kabuni are pleased to offer you an exclusive discount code for Kabuni, which will take 15% off your total purchase! Simply enter the code rented15 in the “promotion” section during checkout to enjoy 15% off.
Click here to get started.